|The remains of the Mnajdra Temples lie at the foot of the hill on which are located the temples of Hagar Qim. Mnajdra was first cleared of debris by C. Lenormant in 1840. T. Ashby excavated the remaining intact parts in 1910. Further remains came to light during the conservation and restoration works that the Museum Department undertook between 1952 and 1954. The small temple was the first to be built, and the middle one the last. The site dates from 3,600-2,500 BCE.