Sir Themistocles Zammit excavated the ruins of Ta' Hagrat in 1923, and again in1925-26, under the supervision of G.G. Sinclair. In 1937 some restoration was done to the whole site. The larger temple is dated 3,600-3,000 BCE and the smaller 3,300-3,000 BCE. The temples were built on an older site dating from 4,100-3,800 BCE.
Ta' Hagrat Plan

Pronunciation: taa-hajraat

Ta' Hagrat Aerial Plan